Posted by Hilm West Island Sunday School
Dear Parents and Students,
The blessed month of Ramadan will be upon us shortly. Hilm Sunday School would like to help out some West Island Families in need. Each Islamic Studies Level will be responsible to collect some non-perishable food items. (List below) The food baskets will be assembled and delivered to the families in need. We will also be collecting any cash donations to purchase bulk items and perishables. As well, please be sure to check the expiry date on the donated items.
This is a good time to actively get your children involved by taking them to purchase the items, talking to them about the importance of charity, etc.
Donations will be collected on May 13th so that the baskets can be delivered in a timely manner. All donations will be collected in the cafeteria. See the list of items we need below
If you would like to help out with the Food baskets, please contact us at hilmwestisland(AT)gmail.com or make a donation (click the button below)
For Sunday School Students (and families), please bring the following:
- Level K: Honey, Jam, Dates, Tea, Cereal
- Level 1: Coffee, Peanut butter, Syrup, Sugar, Cookies
- Level 2: Salt, Soup, Crackers, Juice
- Level 3: Pasta, Tuna, Soup, Canned Tomatoes
- Level 4: Toilet paper, Toothpaste, Soap, Shampoo, Juice
- Level 5: Chickpeas, Pasta Sauce, Pasta, Cookies
- Level 6: Lentils, Pasta Sauce, Pasta, Oatmeal
*Oil, flour, rice can be brought in by any level
**Please be sure to check the expiry date on the donated items.**