The goal of this annual project is to raise funds for charity and at the same time help you, the donor, give charity on Lailatul Qadr (The Night of Power), which is better than 1,000 months!
Your donation (zakat or general charity) is divided into 10 equal parts and given to different charities on each night of the last 10 nights of Ramadan, thereby helping to ensure that you “hit” Lailatul Qadr Inshallah. Last year, the Montreal Muslim community donated over $40,000! We hope to make a new record this year, with your generous help and contributions, Insha Allah.
How it works:
The money you donate will be spread out equally over the last 10 nights of Ramadan. Zakat donations will only be distributed to the zakat eligible causes. Rest assured your donation will be distributed over each of the last 10 nights of Ramadan; therefore, part of your donation will be given on Lailatul Qadr Insha Allah!
Charities for the Last10 Donation Drive
This year we will distribute funds to various charities, both international and local, serving the Muslim community and also the community at large. This year’s 10 charities are (click name for more info on organization):
- OBAT Canada – Rohinga Refugee Support*
- West Island Community Shares – Quebec Flood Relief 2019
- National Zakat Foundation (NZF)*
- ICNA Montreal Food Bank
- Islamic Relief Canada Cyclone Idai Relief ( East Africa) *
- Amal Center for Women
- Human Concern International – Children of Yemen and Rohingya*
- PEACE Initiatives Canada
- ICNA Relief Canada – Various Projects Including Support for Syrian Children*
- Sister Sabria Foundation
*denotes Zakat eligible (Note: Most of the organizations above have some zakat-eligible projects, however allocating them non-zakat funds gives them much more flexibility on how they spend it.)
We accept payment via PayPal and email transfer.
For donation via e-transfer:
- Click on the donate button or follow this link http://www.hilm.ca/product/ramadan-last-10-nights-donation.
- Place an order for your donation by selecting the e-transfer option.
- Send your donation + a 1.50$ fee (the same amount on your order receipt) via e-transfer to [email protected] from your financial institution’s online portal or mobile app.